The scope of the workshop is to gather young researchers and experts in new frontiers of quantum and statistical physics, to share their activities on the forefront of these fields, promote the exchange of ideas, and foster the creation of new collaborations.
To this aim, the workshop will feature discussion sessions and a poster session, in addition to the invited and a few contributed presentations: everyone will be given the opportunity to present her/his work, either as an oral or poster presentation, and to participate in the conversation.
Topics of the workshop cover, but are not limited to:
- non-equilibrium, quenched, driven and open quantum systems
- quantum interference, coherence, entanglement, non-local correlations, and indistinguishability
- disordered systems, random matrices
- fundamental aspects of quantum physics, their mathematical representation, and experimental advances in all their theoretical and practical implementations.
Important Information Regarding Funding
The hosting institution (the Rudjer Boskovic Insitute) is the hub of the H2020 IRB-Twinning grant, which promotes a European network including IRB (Zagreb, Croatia), the Laboratoire de Physique Theorique d'Orsay (Paris, France), SISSA (Trieste, Italy), the Ludwig Maximilian Universität (Munich, Germany) and the Niels Bohr Institutet (Copenhagen, Danemark).
Participants from these nodes can ask for financial support at their institution trough the Twinning grant. More information at RBI-T-Winning site.
- Fabio Franchini & Ugo Marzolino, Ruđer Bošković Institute (Zagreb,Croatia)